There’s a new demo for DEX out now, and you can find the details here:
Published by BadLand Games and developed by Dreadlocks Studio, the side-scrolling, cyber-punk RPG DEX, has a new demo available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam/PC. Immerse yourself in Harbor Prime and get a taste for augmentation at Dr. Niles Clinic!
The brand new demo is bursting with never before seen story elements and enhanced gameplay. Players who complete the free demo will get the chance to win a selection of fantastic digital rewards on offer, ranging from Dex wallpapers to avatars and an artbook of the game. Simply go to http://www.drnilesclinic.com/ and download the demo to play.
Get 50% off DEX in the PlayStation Easter Sale (EU Only)
The PlayStation Easter Sale starts today and the 2D Cyberpunk themed, RPG game DEX is now 50% off for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita. The sale, which runs from 5th – 26th April is only available for EU customers at the moment. So now is the time to try DEX for free with the great demo and to buy it at an amazing price!
Published by BadLand Games, Dex tells the story of a young girl named “Dex”, who is being chased by corporate mercs for an undisclosed reason. With nowhere to go, Dex is forced to question her own existence while dodging vicious attackers across a dreary city of the future. However, Dex is not alone: A trio of “hacktivists”, the mysterious Raycast, protective Decker, and light-minded Tony, are ready and willing to help Dex in her quest.
The streets of Harbor Prime offer countless opportunities to fight against dangerous gangs, expose corporate secrets, dive into the depths of cyberspace, develop Dex’s skills and much more. The outskirts of the city are plagued by crime, poverty and filth. Out there, every day presents a new struggle for survival. The wealthier districts are full of skyscrapers and bustling businesses. Yet beneath the sleek exterior, another war is going on, with powerful corporations constantly at each other’s throats. Woe to those who get caught in the crossfire!
• Rare mix of realism and creative vision: Realistic action, mature storyline, and complex character interactions combined with hand-drawn characters, animations, locations, arcade-style melee combat, and an original conception of cyberspace.
• Multiple solutions to problems: Operate in cyberspace or everyday reality. Overcome obstacles using skills, weapons, or special equipment.
• Meaningful character progression choices: Will you be a straightforward brawler, a hacker or a silent assassin? Improve your character and gear to unlock game-changing upgrades that reinforce and customize your play style.
• Unique hacking mechanic: Transfer your consciousness to your avatar, overcome intrusion countermeasures, take action, and return back to your body in a fraction of a second to see the results: deactivated turrets, overloaded devices, enemies with crippled implants.
• Neo-cyberpunk storyline: Inspired by the cyberpunk novels of William Gibson and other classical cyberpunk authors — sprinkled with elements of augmented reality.
• Rich game world and mindful level design: Visit diverse locations in Harbor Prime — a futuristic city complete with luxurious skyscrapers, rundown shanty towns, and seedy red light districts. Take part in street brawls, steal corporate data, overcome environmental hazards, and (of course!) try to stay alive.
• Full voice acting: Interactive dialogue using hand-drawn sprite animations — fully voice-acted by professional voiceover artists.